Jodi Kellar, M.A. , ABC-MT, CTDI, WCRL Judge, UKI Judge, AKC ACT, CGC & PetPartners Evaluator and Owner/ Lead Curriculum Director
Owner Jodi Kellar is an exceptional positive motivation trainer. Jodi holds a BA in Psychology and a MA in Education (graduating both Summa Cum Laude), where she extensively studied educational and behavioral theories and published three of her own studies. Following her Masters of the Arts Degree, she graduated from Animal Behavior College (ABC) becoming a Certified Dog Trainer and has mentored future trainers for ABC.
Jodi is a member of The Association of Pet Dog Trainers, a provisional member of the National Association of Dog Obedience Instructors, a certified evaluator for the AKC Canine Good Citizen & AKC STAR Puppy Programs, a Certified Trick Dog Instructor and a certified evaluator for the Pet Partner Therapy Team Program as well as a member of two teams for the Pet Partners program with her Beagles, Sweet Jellybean (retired) and Miss Maggie Moo, as well as BC Banana Split Sundae. They previously volunteered at Hackensack University Medical Center in the Angels on a Leash Program; they currently are the primary teams at the Bogota Public Library’s Project R.E.A.D. Finally, Jodi is a WCRL fully certified judge of all levels where she enjoys watching the bond between humans and their pups in the rally ring.
She is also a proud member of Canine Performance Events (CPE), Skyline Agility Club, Association of Pet Dog Trainers, Do More with Your Dog (where Maggie and Sundae have both earned advanced trick dog title), United States Dog Agility Association (USDAA), and competes regularly in WCRL (World Cynosport Rally Limited), AKC, USDAA and CPE agility events. Jodi received the Readers’ Choice Award by NYC ‘s City Tails Magazine & has been recognized by local media on several occasions (News channel 12, Good Morning America, T Record & The Bogota Bulletin). She has earned championships on four dogs in Cynosport (formerly APDT) Rally and four in CPE Agility and has trained hundreds of dogs who have excelled in obedience, agility, tricks and therapy skills.
- C-ATE, C-ATCH5 Sweet Jellybean, earned all 14 championship and extraordinaire titles.
- MACH, P-ADCH, C-ATE, C-ATCH9, ARCHMX3 Miss Maggie Moo earned Agility Team Championships (CPE- C-ATCH), Agility Team Extraordinaire Champion (CPE’s C-ATE), 14 individual games championships and 13 extraordinaire titles, USDAA’s P-ADCH (Performance Agility Dog Champion), Tournament Master Silver, Master Standard, Snooker, Jumpers, Relay Master Champion Titles, AKC’s MACH (Master Agility Champion) & Master FAST, T2B Titles and many more. Maggie has competed at two Westminster Master Agility events, two USDAA Nationals and many enjoyable CPE Nationals. Maggie is a three time Bronze Medalist in USDAA’s Biathlon. She is also a seasoned therapy dog and has received the Excellent Therapy Dog Title in AKC as well as her Tricks Dog Title. After earning three Master Rally titles and dozens of championships in Cynosport, Maggie enjoys the Veterans Class where she has earned her 6th championship. MAggie has also ranked in the top 20 for several years now.
- C-ATCH5, ARCHMX7 Banana Split Sundae has earned C-ATCH5 (CPE Champion) & all 7 individual games championships, AKC’s Master Standard, JWW & FAST Titles, USDAA’s Tournament Master Bronze Title, Master Gamblers Title and her P-MAD! Sundae has competed at AKC’s Westminster Master Agility event, three USDAA National and regional events, many fun CPE Nationals and has traveled internationally to learn the best techniques for her. Sundae is a gold medalist, placing 1st in three events at the 2017 Mid-Atlantic Showcase. In rally obedience, they have both earned many championships and Awards of Excellence at every level and Cynosport’s Master Rally Champion & have ranked in the top 20 dogs every year since 2012 (Cynosport USA Rankings); Sundae was the #1 ARCHMX dog in the world, as well as the one of the overall top dogs in the USA! Sundae is now working toward ARCHMX8.
- StellaDora has earned her fourth championship and award of excellence in Cynosport’s Level 1 rally; she was in the top 20 rally dogs for 2016! StellaDora has all of her AKC Novice titles, CPE Levels 2 & 3 and will compete in her first national event in 2018, CPE Nationals.
- Jellybean’s OBX Marks the Spot joined the Kellar family in 2016. OBX has earned his Puppy STAR, Cynosport’s Award of Excellence and Championships in Levels Puppy and 1! All pups loves to play as a team with Jodi!
Jodi believes in continuing education and was recently selected to become a One Mind Dog Instructor. She regularly attends workshops, webinars, seminars, as well as continues to learn through DVDs, training books, and even competing (competing is a learning experience too!). Some of the valuable workshops she has attended include presenters Timo & Tuulia Liuhto, Soshana Dos, Karen Holik, Mary Ellen Barry, Tracy Sklenar, Cynthia Hornor, Julie Daniels, Jen Crank, Stacy Peardot-Goudy, Ken Ramirez, Karen Pryor’s Clicker Expos & many more. She has had the privilege of working with these gifted positive trainers in learning techniques for helping reactive/aggressive dogs, shaping and clicker training, rally obedience, basic, advanced & international agility techniques and skills and simply learning how to be a team with your dog. Other than these hands on learning opportunities, Jodi’s training techniques and canine knowledge are influenced by her studies Dr. Ian Dunbar, Terry Ryan, Karen Pryor, Pat Miller, Emma Parsons, Kathy Sdao, Susan Salo, Arlene Spooner, Jean Donaldson, Peg Munves, Kyra Sundance, Stacy Peardot-Goudy, Sylvia Trkman, Kathleen Desvigne and many others. Lifelong learning is the key to success!
Nicole Levien, Agility Instructor
Nicole has been training with Jodi for many years. She is a KPA graduate & WCRL Level 1 Judge and continues to work with her dogs C-ATCH, ARCHMX Puppa and Caymus . She has several years of experience in equestrian training as well. She competes in CPE agility with her dogs. In addition to training horses and dogs, Niki runs a kitten and cat rescue program and trains her cats as well.
Kathleen Desvigne, Agility Instructor
Kathleen, a native of NYC, began agility with Long Island Agility 1999 as a fun way to exercise the mind and body of her dog at that time, a large Rottweiller named Med.Knight. It didn’t take long for both of them to fall in love with the sport and the special communicative relationship that it fosters for dog and handler.
After Med.Knight, Kathleen went on to new achievements competing with her Golden Retriever, ADCH Platinum, LAA Platinum, Player. Player was a three time USDAA National Performance finalist.. Finishing on podium twice , and winning the Veterans All All Around Championship in her final year of competition. During Players final National, Kathleen introduced her young border collie, Vivian! to the team event. It was the beginning of another special relationship and a new legacy of achievements.
Kathleen and Vivian! are 3 time members of team USA At the European Open and a Two time Steeplechase finalist at the Cynosport World Games. Vivian! who is pretty small for a large dog (approx. 17.5 inches tall, weighing about 28 lbs) , but she has a big heart, a remarkable work ethic, and was born to run!
Kathleen and Vivian! represented the USA at the FCI World Championships in October.
Through it all Kathleen remains a student of the sport, and makes it her job to stay abreast of new training and handling techniques. She also recognizes the importance of being flexible and innovative in her approach to teaching.. She regards each dog as an individual, and each dog handler/team as unique. From this point of view, she brings forth the best training program she can muster for her own dogs as well as for you and yours.
renee shriver, competition obedience Instructor
Renee is a fabulous instructor and competitor in obedience, rally obedience, freestyle doggie dancing, nosework, agility, and volunteer with her sheltie Melody. She has countless titles and is makes every class fun for dog and handler.
Marsha Dominguez, CNWI, K9 Nosework Instructor
Marsha Dominguez is a certified instructor through the NACSW program. Marsha has been involved with dogs since 1993 when she got her first Portuguese Water Dog, Jasmine. Jasmine was shown to her championship, competed in Obedience, Agility, Water Work, and Therapy Work; as was her 2nd dog, Primo, National Specialty Winners Dog. Chairperson of the Nutmeg Portuguese Water Dog Club’s Water Committee for many years she organized the Water Program for that club. She has been teaching and helping individuals and families improve their relationships with their dogs for 15 years. She is a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers, and a long time member of Hudson Valley’s Visiting Pet Program.
Marsha worked as an ABA therapist providing individualized instruction to children on the autism spectrum, as well as conducted workshops for children in the New Jersey Child Assault Prevention Program in Bergen County. She has a Masters Degree from Hofstra University in Education. She has learned from such trainers as Suzanne Clothier, Sue Sternberg, Pia Silvani, Turid Rugaas, Carolyn Wilki, Ted Turner, Pam Dennison, Susan Garrett, Jean Donaldson. She has taught dogs Nosework skills at K9HighPoint in Middletown, NY and at Port Chester Obedience Training Club, in White Plains, NY. She loves doing Nosework with Brie, her 6 year old Portuguese Water Dog who has a NW 1 title winning 2nd Overall.
Jenna Lee Gallicchio, Basic or Pet obedience Instructor
Jenna is a certified pet dog trainer and tricks dog instructor. She competes and trains with her two dogs Rider and Emmy. She also serves as a foster home for dogs in need and shows her dedication to lifelong learning through continually attending workshops and seminars. Students love working with Jenna!
Myroslava Hreb, Basic or Pet obedience Instructor
Myro began assisting at KCA after completing her certification program with ABC. Jasmine, her recent canine addition to her home is enjoying her learning experiences with Myro.
Liana Marie, Basic or Pet Obedience Instructor
Liana is a fabulous instructor, competitor and breeder of miniature schnauzers. She has many titles in AKC and CPE agility.Her positive attitude and understanding of canine behavior help her students succeed in and out of the classroom!